The small port village of Plataria is situated in the northwest Greek coastline of mainland. Epirus 13 km away from the International harbor town of Igoumenitsa and 35 km away from the port city of Parga. Opposite of Plataria lies the south tip of Corfu island, the tip of Asprokavos, separated by a narrow channel of 9 nautical miles.
Plataria is build in between two tips, the tip of Agionisi (Holy island) and the tip of Hironisi (pork island).
In this place where Plataria is situated now in the 2 century B.C. was placed, the ancient city of Ptolemaius named "Almini" and by the time of the Byzantine period of the 7th century AD was placed "Kalomini" the town as Stephanus Byzantius report us. Also in between the hills of Plataria and Mourtos are the ruins of the prehistorically Akropolis of "Vrachora".
Plataria has a population of 1000 inhabitants. This number triples during the summer season from the visitors. Here in Plataria the visitor will find a lot of restaurants with fresh fish and cafeterias near by the Marina. The amazing pure sand beaches and the green vegetation of the area that tries to reach the Ionian Sea, which of ten separated by a small sandy trip give to this place a rare beauty.